For more information, contact Sean Currie at Stay Grounded, +447961485850, email@example.com On Monday 2nd October, over 75 organisations issued an open letter calling on national and European policymakers to ban private jets and tax frequent flying. As the...
- Sep 26 2023
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
International Training: Aviation and climate justice
- Do you want to be part of a movement for a fair and green mobility system, or boost campaigns on climate justice and aviation?
- Would you like to learn more about the ecological and social impacts of aviation, how to counter the industry’s greenwashing strategies and to bring about a just transition of the aviation sector?
- Do you want guidance on policy measures actually reducing aviation and on how to change organisations’ travel policies?
- Would you like to be part of a global network of campaigners and activists spreading the word about aviation and climate justice?
- Do you want to reflect on how we talk about aviation, to counter narratives that impede change?
If your answer is Yes, here is your opportunity to become a Stay Grounded multiplier!
In this module you will learn about why reducing aviation is such an important part of campaigning for climate justice. You will have the facts, numbers and arguments you need to reach out on the urgency to reduce flights and stay grounded. Based on our report “Common Destination”, an important part of that module is also to reflect on HOW we talk about reducing air traffic and to counter the narratives of the aviation industry effectively.
For trainings in French, German and Spanish, see here: https://stay-grounded.org/training/