NEW research shows just 20 airports produced the equivalent CO2 emissions of 58 coal plants Launched today, the 2024 ‘Airport Tracker’ – an update to the first global inventory of CO2 and local air pollutants from passenger and freight flights – shows the scale of...
- Oct 24 2023
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Training in English: Grounding Organisations
- Do you want to be part of a movement for a fair and green mobility, or boost campaigns on climate justice and aviation?
- Would you like to learn more about the ecological and social impacts of aviation, how to counter the industry’s greenwashing strategies and to bring about a just transition of the aviation sector?
- Do you want guidance on policy measures actually reducing aviation and on how to change organisations’ travel policies?
- Would you like to be part of a global network of campaigners and activists spreading the word about aviation and climate justice?
- Do you want to reflect on how we talk about aviation, to counter narratives that impede change?
If your answer is Yes, here is your opportunity to become a Stay Grounded multiplier!
In this module, we get practical. Business flights are a big part of many organisations’ carbon footprints, normalising excessive flying. This is why it is time to ground our organisations! In this module, you will learn about concrete steps and best practices showing how to reduce flights at the institutional level. There are plenty of universities, NGOs, and businesses that just need a little input to reflect on and change their travel practices. This module is for those who are interested in spreading the word within their own organisations and to others.
For trainings in French, German and Spanish, see here: https://stay-grounded.org/training/#dates