Written by Eric Lombard While the aviation sector and governments promise a new era of “sustainable” aviation fuels (SAF), we know that it will divert much-needed resources away from other sectors and take decades to happen, if at all. Yet there is an efficient way to...
Climate Justice & Aviation
Communication Training Weekend for Activists in the UK
Do you want to be part of a movement for a fair and green mobility, or boost campaigns on climate justice and aviation?
Would you like to learn more about the ecological and social impacts of aviation, how to counter the industry’s greenwashing strategies and to bring about a just transition of the aviation?
Do you want guidance on concrete steps to change organisations’ travel policies?
Would you like to be part of a global network of campaigners and activists spreading the word about aviation and climate justice?
Do you want to reflect on how we talk about aviation, to counter narratives that impede change?
If your answer is Yes, take this chance to join this free training weekend on aviation and climate justice with Stay Grounded!
- Dates: 19-20 November. We start early on Saturday morning and finish on Sunday afternoon.
- Location: Bristol.
- The training is free. Bring your time, motivation and experience to share!
- We can reimburse travel costs and provide overnight accommodation based on your needs. Get in touch for more information about travel, accommodation, accessibility or other ways to facilitate your participation.
- The training is a mix of informative presentations, personal reflection and interactive exercises. No prior knowledge is needed to participate.
- Following the training, you will join a multiplier network with many possibilities to exchange and learn from each other. We will provide active support for you to continue spreading the word about aviation and climate justice. You will also be connected to the global Stay Grounded network of organisations aiming to fight against aviation and for a just and green mobility system.
- If you have any questions about the training or application, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
@ Christine Tyler / Stay Grounded
⇢ Climate justice activists who want to communicate more about the role of aviation
⇢ Communicators who would like to reflect and expand on their framing of climate justice and aviation
⇢ Anyone looking for a way to join the movement against aviation together with like-minded campaigners!
Photo credit: Julien Helaine
We are looking for people across the UK who are interested in spreading the knowledge provided in this training to as many people as possible. By participating in the training, you will become part of an active multiplier network and supported to give workshops and talks or organise actions and events, all depending on your interest and capacity. You will be in touch with like-minded people around the world working for a fairer mobility system!
The training has five modules, spread over two days. And of course there will be plenty of breaks to relax and get to know each other! You are encouraged to participate in all modules to get the full picture.
Module 1: Aviation and Climate Justice
Module 2: Greenwashing
Module 3: Just Transition
Module 4: Grounding Organisations
Module 5: Being a Multiplier
How to apply
You want to join our community of ‘grounded’ multipliers? Wonderful! To apply to the training on 19-20 November in Bristol, please fill in the form below by the deadline 14th of November 2022. If you prefer, you can also apply by introducing yourself and answering these questions in a short video. Please send your video to email@example.com.