For more information, contact Sean Currie at Stay Grounded, +447961485850, firstname.lastname@example.org On Monday 2nd October, over 75 organisations issued an open letter calling on national and European policymakers to ban private jets and tax frequent flying. As the...
- Oct 03 2023
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
International Training: Greenwashing
- Do you want to be part of a movement for a fair and green mobility, or boost campaigns on climate justice and aviation?
- Would you like to learn more about the ecological and social impacts of aviation, how to counter the industry’s greenwashing strategies and to bring about a just transition of the aviation sector?
- Do you want guidance on policy measures actually reducing aviation and on how to change organisations’ travel policies?
- Would you like to be part of a global network of campaigners and activists spreading the word about aviation and climate justice?
- Do you want to reflect on how we talk about aviation, to counter narratives that impede change?
If your answer is Yes, here is your opportunity to become a Stay Grounded multiplier!
In this module, we will unveil the illusions the aviation industry creates to make us think that green, sustainable flights are possible. We will discuss and reflect on greenwashing strategies in general and dive into the limits, possibilities and false promises of agrofuels, e-fuels, electric flights and offsetting – “false solutions” that distract us from the urgent need to reduce flights. After this module, you will be able to counter the aviation industry’s arguments of “sustainable aviation”.
For trainings in French, German and Spanish, see here: https://stay-grounded.org/training/