Engage in our network
There are many ways to get active against aviation. here ar a few (please change this text)
Sign our position pager
Join as a memebr organisation
Jpin as individual
Join as a memebr organisation
Sign our position paper
Please discuss this position paper with your group or organisation, and sign in support, or also join our network and get involved.
Join the network as a member organisation
Being a member group or organisation means
- You are part of our Stay Grounded e-mail list and provide an active spokesperson. We expect list members to share all significant information and report back to their groups.
- You’re invited to participate in our consensus-based decision making and in our activities (network meetings, actions, etc.)
- You help us spread our position paper, make it visible on your website and try your best to work towards the vision presented in the paper
- Your organisation’s logo is included in our “members” section of the website, as well as a link to your website.
- You support the network with a financial contribution (Purpose: Member C.) – depending on your financial situation this might be 20-100€ or more a year, or nothing – to help cover overhead costs, such as network meetings and coordination.
- You actively encourage further organisations/groups etc. to join
- You receive a yearly report that informs members of the network’s activities.
Join the network as individual member
Become a volunteer
Support us with your time and skills
With a small team and big ambitions, we depend on you to get things done. To change everything, it needs everyone! People who only have a little time can be on our On-Call Task Pool for example, or can offer specific professional skills (translation and proofreading) on an intermittent basis.
Find a member group in your region
Join a webinar or event
In order to build political pressure, we need to be many.
The Stay Grounded network consists more than 200 member organisations and 4 regional groups around the world
What we stand for
Aviation is the most climate damaging form of transport and one of the fastest growing sources of greenhouse gas emissions. While only a wealthy minority flies, it is mostly non-flyers who bear the brunt of the climate crisis.
Business as usual is not an option. We therefore stand for the following 13 steps to transform transport, society and the economy to be just and environmentally sound.
The Stay Grounded Network is legally hosted by the Austrian collective Periskop. Periskop is a non-profit association and works on a non-profit basis.
Our work is mainly financed by donations and foundation funding. We are aware that money generated within the capitalist system is almost always associated with antisocial, unecological and undemocratic economic practices, or at least historically associated with values and practices that are contrary to our work. With this in mind, we want to use money received to advance our social, ecological and democratic goals. It is therefore crucial for us that donors have as little influence as possible on our projects, our content and our activities. We do not take money from companies whose main purpose is contrary to our goals (e.g. fossil fuel companies or those associated with anti-democratic and racist practices).
You can support our work with your donation and help us become even more independent.
Currently we are funded by the following foundations:
What we do
Campaigns and topics
Press & Media
+43670 353 43 11 (for media inquiries only)
Follow our Twitter channels for the latest news.
Photographs & illustrations
for free use on Flickr (attribution to photographer).
See our past statements
Articles written about our work in the international media
For more information, contact Hannah Lawrence at Stay Grounded, (+43) 0670 550 09 34, firstname.lastname@example.org Tomorrow’s first transatlantic flight on 100% so-called “Sustainable Aviation Fuel” is not net zero It comes alongside airlines' greenwashing of flights at...
For more information, contact Sean Currie at Stay Grounded, +447961485850, email@example.com On Monday 2nd October, over 75 organisations issued an open letter calling on national and European policymakers to ban private jets and tax frequent flying. As the...
For further information, contact Inês at Stay Grounded, +43 670 353 43 11, firstname.lastname@example.org On the first day of the 54th edition of the Paris Air Show, French groups issued a statement calling on the event to stop their climate denial and take the necessary...