NEW research shows just 20 airports produced the equivalent CO2 emissions of 58 coal plants Launched today, the 2024 ‘Airport Tracker’ – an update to the first global inventory of CO2 and local air pollutants from passenger and freight flights – shows the scale of...
- Oct 17 2023
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Training in English: Just Transition
- Do you want to be part of a movement for a fair and green mobility, or boost campaigns on climate justice and aviation?
- Would you like to learn more about the ecological and social impacts of aviation, how to counter the industry’s greenwashing strategies and to bring about a just transition of the aviation sector?
- Do you want guidance on policy measures actually reducing aviation and on how to change organisations’ travel policies?
- Would you like to be part of a global network of campaigners and activists spreading the word about aviation and climate justice?
- Do you want to reflect on how we talk about aviation, to counter narratives that impede change?
If your answer is Yes, here is your opportunity to become a Stay Grounded multiplier!
The aviation industry is set to shrink and needs a “safe landing” – this means also we need a just transition for workers. But how can we counter the misleading ‘jobs hypocrisy’ by the aviation industry and governments? In this module, we will take a look into the future: What could a transition to a new, greener and socially just mobility system look like? And what do climate activists need to know to join forces with workers and trade unions ?
For trainings in French, German and Spanish, see here: https://stay-grounded.org/training/#dates