NEW research shows just 20 airports produced the equivalent CO2 emissions of 58 coal plants Launched today, the 2024 ‘Airport Tracker’ – an update to the first global inventory of CO2 and local air pollutants from passenger and freight flights – shows the scale of...
- Oct 31 2023
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Training in English: Policy Measures to Degrow Aviation
- Do you want to be part of a movement for a fair and green mobility, or boost campaigns on climate justice and aviation?
- Would you like to learn more about the ecological and social impacts of aviation, how to counter the industry’s greenwashing strategies and to bring about a just transition of the aviation sector?
- Do you want guidance on policy measures actually reducing aviation and on how to change organisations’ travel policies?
- Would you like to be part of a global network of campaigners and activists spreading the word about aviation and climate justice?
- Do you want to reflect on how we talk about aviation, to counter narratives that impede change?
If your answer is Yes, here is your opportunity to become a Stay Grounded multiplier!
In this module, we will look into current EU and international aviation policies – and why they all set the course for the continous growth of the destructive aviation industry. You will learn about the existing policies at national and international levels, as well as policy proposals (e.g. frequent flier levy, caps and limits of flights, kerosene tax, etc.) actually degrowing the aviation sector. We will then discuss examples of successfully implemented policies that might become a model for comprehensive international measures.
For trainings in French, German and Spanish, see here: https://stay-grounded.org/training/#dates